A flashback into OUR STORY
- Where it all began
- Paul Aujla has always been business minded, even during his 22 years in the Army; he was always finding opportunities and exploring them. One of which was selling ad-hoc items to colleagues and friends. As the saying goes: No matter how big or small, he’s your man!
In the early 90s Paul had an opportunity to study basic computer programming; using the techniques he had learnt from the course, he automated certain mundane tasks whilst he was still in the Army. However, the real breakthrough came when he attended a "Computer Analysis & Design" course in-place of his colleague. This helped mould a rough-and-tough military officer into a smart IT consultant.
Aujla Business Systems Ltd (ABS) was founded in 1995. Paul and his business partner at that time supplied computer hardware, software and maintained the network for small sections of the Army and SE RFCA.
- Birth of ABS as a "Software Consultancy" firm
- The business man in Paul saw an opportunity to expand ABS in a new direction; 'Software Consultancy'. He decided to make this happen with the help of 2 of his work colleagues who were interested in going into partnership with him. They put together a business case, however when it came to committing more than just time, both partners decided to back out. Not letting this setback hinder him, Paul forged ahead recruiting 12 new members of staff by September 2000.
By then, ABS had also taken on the responsibility of looking after 7 counties in the South East of England for SE RFCA and providing services to CVQO.
- .com bubble burst
- Call it bad timing or fate, soon after launching ABS as a software consultancy business, the 9/11 Twin Towers attack happened in the US, leading to the .com bubble to burst. The once “booming” software consultancy business was “not so booming” anymore, forcing ABS to face 2 very difficult choices; 1. A real threat of closing-down the business even before it started to flourish or 2. March ahead and try to make the business work.
Not being a company to shy away from challenges and with the support of staff ABS decided to battle on and make the business a success again.
"Striving to do better no matter what!" has been the motto ever since.
- Conquering the world…
- One step at a time! Having stabilised the business, it was time to explore the world by expanding ABS to India. The investigation to find the best place to set-up an offshore development / support centre spanned the lengths and breadths of India, before Goa was found to be the best suited!
It has been a very interesting experience to work with people and businesses from different cultures in a country that has strong roots in the IT industry.
Now, having obtained a much stronger position we started to focus on:
• Maintaining customer satisfaction
• Guiding and supporting customers with the latest technologies / solutions, so that they could leverage the advantages of new technologies
• Strengthening the core business, i.e. software developments and providing hardware & telephony solutions.
• Taking on new projects
ABS was also contracted to process CCF pay.
- Promising software solutions for our clients
- Investing in revolutionary; yet cost effective projects, ABS have been developing promising customised software solutions such as the “Event Management System” and “Questionnaire / Survey” products tailored to the needs of our customers.
- Innovation at its best
- So far ABS have supplied and maintained hardware & telephony solutions, training packages, built innovative and customised software such as “Venue Booking System”, “Workflow Management System” and also expanded their support from the South East of England to users nationwide.
Where are we now?
We have embarked on an exciting new project revolutionising the way Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Associations (RFCAs) carry out their day-to-day business by centralising and virtualising the resources; providing for the first time ever a solution standardising all RFCAs to use a uniformed platform. The project makes use of SharePoint, VMware, Firewall and VPN solutions.
- Always striving to do better
- For more than a decade ABS has made it their primary objective to help solve business problems with innovative IT solutions, whilst maintaining high standards of customer satisfaction, competitive pricing and the desire of using the latest technologies.
We are extremely proud of our achievements in the work we have done and the client relationships we have built over the years. We will always “Strive to do better, no matter what” to continuously improve ourselves and to provide the best IT solutions to our customers.
Currently ABS provides IT services & Solutions including IT Consultancy, Hardware Solutions, Software Solutions, Virtualisation Solutions and Network & Security Solutions. We also provide Customer Support to all our new and existing customers.
- Meet our team
- Want to know more about us? Meet Our team - the people behind ABS.